Saturday, September 29, 2012

Memorable Moments (pt. 3)

If you haven't yet, check out Memorable Moments (pt. 1).

Sept. 19

Going to the orphanage today. Pumped.

Went to the orphanage. I saw two of the kids from last time, Karla and Cristofer. Karla saw me and remembered my name, but I forgot hers until just now. I said hola to Cristofer, and I think at first he didn't recognize me or was in disbelief, but he then got really excited and ran over to me and gave me a hug. It was really adorable. If I ever do anything at that orphanage, it's probably going to be adopting him. Unfortunately, all I did the whole time was help sort out old potatoes, watch the kids in the pool, cut some fruit and potatoes, and washed some dishes. I didn't get the chance to play with the kids, which made me upset. Well, I played two games of pool with Martin, one of the older kids, and another older kid and went swimming with a few of the older kids, but that's it. I got there around 11, but the younger kids went to school at 1, and they were getting ready before then. I could've played with them at 11, but that's when I was sorting potatoes. I wanted to be able to be with the younger kids, but I didn't get to. I don't mind helping with other things, but if all I get to do is the other things and not be with the kids, then it defeats the reason why I'm there. I'm there to help, but I want to help take care of the kids. I know those things needed taken care of, but still. I just pray that next time I go that I'll be able to be with the kids a lot more.

Of course, half the songs that we practiced for this Sunday have flats and sharps in them. I have no idea how to play those. Great.

Sept. 20

While I was playing tasos with Carlos outside, he said something that I didn't understand, so I went and grabbed my dictionaries to figure out what he said. As I was looking for what he said, Tuco came over. I forget why, but Tuco grabbed one of my dictionaries and started walking off with it. Carlos got upset that Tuco did that and went after him to get it. Carlos forcefully took my dictionary from Tuco, and since Carlos did it forcefully, Tuco swung his fist at Carlos to hit him. Tuco missed, but Carlos punched Tuco anyway. Right in the head. I got up right away and broke it up. Tuco went off crying. I asked Carlos why he did that, and he said since Tuco hit him, he hit Tuco. I then told him that that still isn't nice. I then asked him that when Jesus was on the cross and people hit Him, did he hit them back, which Carlos replied, "No....." I told him that just because a person hits you, you don't hit the person. It's not nice. (That's pretty much how I said it. I would've used different words, but I only knew how to say those ones. It got the point across, though) Then Claudia and Gabi came over and started asking Carlos all tough-like if he hit Tuco. Pretty much, they were planning on beating up Carlos. That makes me really mad because Claudia and Gabi are mean to each other and their family all the time, but if someone hits one of them, then they go after that person like they're in a gang or something. It's really ridiculous. If they were a little older, like 15 or something, why they do that might be a little understandable. But they're 11 and 7. They should not be like that, threatening to beat other kids up. Unfortunately, they have a pretty bad family life, so that's where it comes from. Carlos said something, then they walked away. Carlos's sister told him to come inside. We both knew what for. He asked me to come with him, but I hesitated. I heard him say, "I don't want to get hit," as tears welled up in his eyes. He then went inside. Later on, Claudia and Gabi were with Leo, and Leo had a bat. Leo asked where Carlos was, and I said in his house. I then asked him what the bat was for, and Claudia said to hit Carlos. At this point, I was in utter disbelief. This got so ridiculous so fast. Claudia needs so much prayer, it's ridiculous. I said nothing, and they left. Ridiculous.

I went and got ice cream with Carlos and Karla. It was pretty delicious.

Hermano Jesse wasn't feeling well, plus there wasn't enough gas in the car, so I went with Carlos and his family for cèlula at Mary Cruz's house. As we were walking into the house, I fell through this hole that was covered up by a pretty weak board. I scraped my leg pretty bad. I was just about done healing from my other wounds, too.......

Sept. 21

I got invited to eat lunch at Mary Cruz's house, and it was pretty good. They made homemade tortillas, which tasted amazing. I stayed there for about two and a half hours. I was surprised that I could hold a conversation with them for a long time. I'm really happy with how my Spanish is coming along.

I've realized that Mexicans eat tortillas with pretty much every meal, and every time, I always make a burrito: I take a little of everything on my plate and roll it up in a tortilla and eat it. Delicious.

I taught Carlito and his brother, Brandon, English. Luis had to do something at his house, so he didn't come. I really hope they learned a lot. I only taught them what was necessary. Carlos was there, too, but he wasn't listening that much. Oh well. He's only 7.

I chilled with Carlos in front of the church and looked at the stars. Second night in a row. He asked me to. I thought that it was really cool. He was acting really hyper, though. It was probably the pan dulce.

Sept. 22

Cade and Landon randomly showed up. They brought all of my stuff and peanut butter. Gloria a Dios. Now, I'm spending the day with them. I'm kinda upset because I was planning on getting ice cream for everyone, but that can wait I guess. We're going to a beach right now, but they won't tell me what else. Hmmm.

Surfed for the first time in my life. Well, attempted. It was still pretty fun. Now, about to eat lobster for the first time. Surprise #2.

Lobster tasted pretty good. Not super amazing, but good. Afterward, we went to the store next door, and Landon got me an awesome Mexican poncho. So legit. Now going to Surprise #3. What else could there be?

Arrived at Namaan's Mexico house. It looks pretty nice from the outside. I don't know what it looks like on the inside because we're locked out........

Heading back to the church. Surprise #4. Lol.

Sept. 23

Had another worship session with the worship team, except we were plugged in this time. Super awesome.

I needed to go to Walmart, so I asked if Carlos and one of his sisters could go with me to show me the way. All of the kids ended up coming. I was going to go to Calimax, but Walmart is better, plus it's not too far. The Walmart here is connected with a mall, so I walked through the mall part with the kids so they could check it out. I don't think they get to go there a lot, so I thought I'd let them check it out. We were all hungry, so I got us some pizza. I wanted to get pizza, and I also thought that maybe they'd like to have some because it's something they don't get to eat often. We had to take the escalator to the second floor to go to Walmart, and it seemed like he had so much fun riding the escalator. I mean, I loved riding the escalator when I was a kid, too, but you could tell that he was really happy to ride the escalator. After Walmart, we took a taxi back, and we went to the ice cream store, and I bought a tub of Cookies and Cream ice cream. It's made fresh by the people at the store. It was delicious. Overall, it was a really fun time. I loved being able to go there with the kids.

Carlos and I laid under the stars again and ate Choco-Rice (off-brand Cocoa Krispies). Seriously my favorite time of the day. I thought about it, and my favorite thing to do is to just chill with the kids.

Sept. 24

I started playing this game with Carlos, Tuco, Gabi, and Claudia where I pretend that they're my babies. Lol. It doesn't involve running. It's pretty enjoyable.

Found out that I only have $5. Oh joy.

After talking with Hermano Jesse, I realized that even though things look a little rough, God can still come through, and I need to put complete faith in Him and know that He'll come through. He always has. He always will.

I joined Luis in his prayer meeting today. Definitely needed that. Definitely considering going again. Also found out that for Sunday, we're singing Vamos A Cantar (Sing Sing Sing by Chris Tomlin), and we're doing part of it in Spanish and some of it in English. I'm pretty pumped about it.

Luis asked me to go with him to walk Carlito home, but Carlos didn't want me to. He wanted to go with us, but it was a little too late to ask his dad, so we left. Carlos looked really mad. Not because he couldn't go, but because I was leaving with Luis, Carlito, and Angel. Once I came back, I talked with Carlos for a bit, and he didn't say much. He cried a bit. I found out that it was because I went with Luis and the other guys that he was upset. I did my best to console him. I think he feels better now. He really needs to stop being jealous of others when I'm with them. It's a little ridiculous.

Sept. 25

Carlos started calling me his other dad. Maybe because I was pretending they were my babies the other day, but I'm not sure. Again, not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

Started putting the drywall stuff on the other wall. Listening to worship music while doing that makes it so much better.

I went to use the Internet today, and this kid waved at me and said hi to me when I went there and when I left. He said it like he knew me, but I have no idea who he is. Have I seen him before?

After reading through all of this, I realized there were some things I forgot to mention:

My bracelet fell off again. I don't think I can repair it. I think I'm just going to make a new one.
After I went to Walmart with the kids, I realized my cross from my necklace was gone. I was pretty upset about it, but I'm over it now. Just a little, though.
I haven't taught Blanca English in a while. I was kind of excited to teach her, too. Hopefully, she needs help soon. At least I'm teaching Luis and Carlito, possibly more people. Every Friday. Get ready. Boi.
Ever since I first mentioned it, I've been chilling with Carlos under the stars every night, except for the night when I wasn't here. Seriously my favorite thing to do.
I love peanut butter. A lot. If you can, send me some or money so I can buy some. I don't think I can ever have enough. The kids like it, too. Do it for them. And me.

I played Escondidas today with the kids for Tuesday night service. I'm a pro now. At one point, I seriously hid in the worst spot possible, and I still made it to safe. Pro. I also showed some of the boys the game Ninja. I think I explained it well enough. They're young, so they don't really get the concept of making one swift move. Carlos likes to do a chopping motion, then move back to where he was originally. I have to explain to him every time that he has to stay still. Oh well. He's 7. It was hard for my kids from Dallas Metro Camp to play, and I could explain things in English, so I understand.

I saw Janeth again today. She was at church. She wasn't in the service, though. She sat outside next to where we were playing Ninja. The last time I saw her was when I was teaching her English, which was about two weeks ago. I asked her how her English class was going, and she said, "Bad." She said that her teacher talked to her in English, but she couldn't understand her, so it's bad. She said something about how she has to create a video project for her class. That's as much as I could gather. I asked her if she still wanted to learn English, and she said yes. I'm teaching her tomorrow. Hopefully, she'll stick with it and not quit after a day.

It's really cool outside tonight. Me gusta mucho. I hope it stays this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment