Monday, December 31, 2012

Little Buddy

Every time I see a little kid run up to someone or see a kid with his dad, I tend to think, "Man, it would be so cool to have a little buddy," or, "Having a son would be the coolest thing ever." For example, I work with the preschoolers at church. Some of the kids run up to me when I get there and ask me to play chase or have dinosaurs eat my hair, but they're always so much more excited when their dad or mom comes to pick them up, which is definitely a good thing, though. I wouldn't want someone's kid to like me more than them. It just makes me feel a little upset to know that I can only be with them for that hour and a half. I seem to finally get the kids to do something with me or actually open up and talk to me, and then they leave. It really makes me wish that I had a son that I could love and care for all of the time. Of course, I can't have a kid right now, but                         that doesn't mean that I don't want to have a son. It's been crossing my mind a lot lately. Unfortunately, with the thing that God has told me to do with my life (if you don't know what that thing is, click this), I don't think I will be able to have a kid, which really makes me distressed. After thinking about it a little deeper, though, I realize that the kids I work with in Mexico are my little buddies and are like my own kids. I treat them exactly the way I would my own, anyway. Also, the kids that I'll be helping later on down the road will become like my kids as well. God has placed these specific kids in my life for me to lead them in the life they should live and to be that big buddy for them. Even though I don't get to be with them now, I often stop myself and think, "I'll be with them soon enough. No need to be upset over things here in the states. They're waiting for me."

It's true. They are waiting for me. I called Carlos a few days ago, and he asked me when I was coming back and how many days that was. He always asks me that. That definitely reassures me and lets me know that at least he still wants me to be there and is awaiting my return. I'm sure at least some of the other kids do, too. I just haven't been able to talk to them. I'm supposed to be returning soon (January 15), but I'm still waiting for the funds to come in. I know God is going to provide the right people who can donate to me and help me stay down there with the kids instead of having to leave them again. I couldn't bare to have to leave them again. If you feel like you're one of those people who can donate to me, whether it be one time or monthly, and can help me stay with my kids instead of having to leave them once again, please feel free to go right ahead. If you have any questions at all about what I'll be doing once I go back, please read this first. If you still need to, feel free to email me at daniel.ratz92@gmail.com, and I will gladly answer any questions you may have. Currently, I am no where near the financial goal that I am trying to reach, so if you are in the right position to give, and you feel that this is something you should do, know that any amount is greatly appreciated. Please prayerfully consider it, and help me be able to return to mis bebés again.


"But when Jesus saw it, He was greatly displeased and said to them, “Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of God. Assuredly, I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God as a little child will by no means enter it.” Mark 10:14-15

"But Jesus looked at them and said, 'With men it is impossible, but not with God; for with God all things are possible.'" Mark 10:27

No comments:

Post a Comment