Thursday, July 19, 2012

Comfort Zone



I've been asked a few times lately about how I feel about all of these changes that are about to happen to my life - going from having a nice, cozy bed to not so comfy, a good amount of food to just enough, being surrounded by friends and family to being with a bunch of people I don't know, and so on. Yes, these things have gone through my mind, but every single time I'm asked one of these questions, I tell them, "To be honest, I don't really care."

Now, you're probably thinking, "Why in the world would you not care? Shouldn't you be upset about leaving your home, friends, and family behind?" According to the world's standards, yes, I should be, but I don't live by the world's standards. I can care less about my bed and extra food, but I'm not saying that I'm not going to miss my family and friends, cause I will. The thing is, though, that I'm not going to let it get to me. I know that at this orphanage that I'm going to do work with are kids who have no one. Some of the kids may have a mom left or some other family member that they can see on the weekends, but some of them don't. For some of them, I'm going to be the only family they have, and I'm not going to let my "problems" get in the way of that. The whole point of me going down to Tijuana, Mexico, is to show these kids that I'm willing to sacrifice my life for them, to show them that they are worth it, and that there is a Heavenly Father who loves and cares for them so much and wants to give them His true peace, joy, and love. If I let my comfortableness get in the way of that, then it won't happen. I have to be willing to give everything up for God. There's no other option. In doing missions work, there is no "comfort zone". That's gone. All there is is God's will, and either you're in it, or your out.

"Then he called the crowd to him along with his disciples and said: 'Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me.'"   - Mark 8:34

No comments:

Post a Comment