Sunday, July 22, 2012

Don't Try This At Home

Trust me, the title will make sense as you read.

Since I haven't been in Mexico, I've been doing what I can to continue operating in God's calling for my life. For example, I've been helping in the preschool classes at my church every weekend. I can work with any age group, but God has molded my heart to work with the younger ones, so that's why I work with the preschoolers. Anyway, so yesterday, I wasn't able to make it to church due to the fact that no one could give me a ride. Not being able to go to church meant that I wouldn't be able to help out in the preschool class, which made me upset. Now, if I were to go back like a year and a half ago, I would've been upset because I wouldn't have been able to see my friends that day. Now, it's different. I was upset because the opportunity to work in the calling God has for my life was taken away from me. Helping kids is what God has called me to do, and when I don't, I don't feel the true peace and joy that comes from working in God's calling. Now, I'm not sure if you've ever truly experienced God's true peace and joy, but if you have, you'd agree with me that it is the most amazing feeling you can ever experience, right next to His love. Not being able to help out takes some of the peace and joy away, at least for me. When I'm operating in the calling He has placed on my life, my "peace and joy tanks" get refilled, but when I don't, I still have His peace and joy, but it's not overflowing like it would be if I was. It makes me feel empty, like I'm not doing what I should be doing. Ever since I've stepped into His will for my life, all I want to do is continue to walk in it because that's where I experience His true peace and joy. Nothing else compares to it.

What I'm trying to say is that not being in His will is a horrible feeling. If you're not in His will for your life, and you're just doing your own thing, STOP. Get alone with God and truly seek Him out. Give Him the time to tell you what you need to be doing with your life. You'll know if it's Him. Then, start working in the calling He has for you, and then you'll experience the true peace and joy that I'm talking about. You can be a "Christian" all you want, but if you're not doing what God wants you to do, then what are you doing? The title doesn't mean anything. What you do shows who you truly are. Once you walking in His will, don't stop. Continue to do His will, and you'll never lose His peace and joy. Trust me, you don't want to lose it.

Also, not being in Mexico helping those kids has really shown me that that is what God has called me to do. It's always on my mind. I may get distracted by what's happening in a certain moment, but right after, it's on my mind again. All my heart longs for is to help the orphans in Mexico, and every passing day that I'm not takes a little piece of my heart out. I know it will come soon, so I just need to continue to be patient and help the kids here while I can. God will bring me there soon enough.

Bottom line: Don't not operate in His will. If you have the opportunity, do it. You'll be happy you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment