Saturday, February 9, 2013

God's Got Bigger Plans

I've been back in Mexico for two weeks, and, man, has it been awesome. So much has happened in just these two weeks that if I were to type it all, no one would read it all, so I'm going to spare all the fine details.

None of the kids knew when I was coming back, so when I showed up, they were ecstatic. Well, most of them. Carlos, of course, was the most happy of them all. I got his reaction on video, which I'll be posting on my Facebook soon, and possibly on YouTube.

Me and Carlos wearing our Mexico soccer jerseys.
Trust me, he's happier than he looks.
The second day being back, I went over with pastor Elvis about everything I'll be doing, and I was really surprised at what he told me. I thought that I would just be helping out a lot more with the kids programs and stuff like that. Nope. I'm the kids' pastor. PASTOR. Never thought I'd be called that. Also, he wants me to be involved a lot more with the worship team. Before, I was just playing my acoustic and singing whenever they wanted me to. Now, Pastor Elvis wants me to start leading things with the worship team. Leading. Being the front man. Again, something else I've never considered myself. Although I haven't considered myself these things, I know I can do them. I have the ability to. I just need the courage, haha.

Ever since I've talked to Pastor Elvis, so many things have been running through my head: more ideas for the kids' program, another kids' service, starting a soccer team with the kids. I know that I need to take things one step at a time, but, now, I'm really excited to be pretty much in charge of the kids' program. I've been renovating things in the Saturday kids' program, such as adding Juegos Locos, which is pretty much like the games I did when I was at the Dallas Metro Dream Center, and adding the quiet seat prize, which will hopefully help keep the kids quiet during the lesson time. Hopefully. For example, if one of the teachers sees one of the kids being really quiet and paying really good attention, they'll get a ticket, and once they have enough tickets, they can get a prize. I think that's how it's going to work. I'm going to introduce it to them tomorrow, so, hopefully, it'll go over well. Also, Two days out of the week opened up, so, once I'm able to in the future, I'll do another kids' program in the evening on Wednesday and have soccer practice on Mondays. That'll give the kids things to do during the week so that they'll stay out of trouble and get more of Jesus, and more of Jesus is always a good thing.

We've also had two kids' programs so far. There were twenty-five kids at the first one and twenty-six at the second one. I was told that once I left, there were only ten kids that would come to the program. Now, it's doubled. Gloria a Dios. And I'm not going to stop there, either, haha. With the new things I've added to the program, I'm sure more kids will come, and that means more kids will receive Jesus. The best.

Anyway, that's enough for now. I'll be posting a lot of videos and possibly pictures on my Facebook, so look for those! Hopefully, I'll be getting better internet soon to do just that, haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment