Monday, August 20, 2012

11 Hours and Counting

Wow. I'll be heading to San Diego in less than 11 hours. These last two weeks have been easy, but hard, too long, but too short, and stressful, yet soothing. It seems like my life, family, and friends have been crammed into these past two weeks. Unfortunately, I don't feel that I've had enough time, but now it's time for me to go. I've really enjoyed being with my family and friends and going to my home church, Grace Christian Church. I've especially enjoyed helping out with Little People, the preschool classes at my church. I had the opportunity to teach the 4 and 5 year olds this past weekend. The memory verse for this month was: "The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want" Psalm 23:1. As I taught the kids this verse, I was teaching myself as well. I already knew this verse, but I reminded myself the meaning of this verse. It's saying that since God is watching over me and taking care of me, I shouldn't be in want of anything. Of course, it's WAY easier said than done, but it's something I have to do. I've been trying to teach myself this concept ever since last year when my missionary stuff started, and I've gotten a hold of it, but things still come up against me. I've learned to push through those things and keep my mind and heart on Him. I know that as long as I do that, I know everything will be provided for, and I won't be in want of anything. It might be tough, but I know that this move is totally going to be worth it. I'm so excited to go and experience what God has for me. I'm also excited to be able to be a light for the orphans of Tijuana, Mexico, and bring them His love, peace, and joy. Man, I really hope I go there soon. I can't wait. I miss it way too much. God, give me patience, haha. Please pray for me as I travel tomorrow, well, later on today, and please pray that God gives me His peace, joy, and patience for the day and the rest of my life.

"The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want." - Psalm 23:1

No comments:

Post a Comment