Friday, August 24, 2012

Joy and Sorrow

So, I've officially been in California for three days now, and it's been really great. The guys I'm staying with are really awesome, Spirit-filled guys, which is great. It's been great being able to talk with them and grow spiritually with them, and it's only been three days. Amazing. I've had a lot of time to really grow personally as well. I'm not doing anything yet, so I've been able to use a lot of my time to just pray, get into God's Word, and enter into worship with Him. It's phenomenal. Also, another amazing thing that happened is that Pastor Elvis, the pastor from the church in Mexico that I helped with on the missions trip, messaged me on Facebook and asked me when I was coming down to Mexico next so that I could continue my ministry in Mexico. He said that I could stay at the church or at one of their houses so that I didn't have to pay for a hotel. When I found out, I flipped out. I was so excited that the PASTOR had messaged me. Not just someone from the church, but the pastor. I had been talking with some people from the church and told them how I was coming here, and they had suggested what Pastor Elvis had said, but it just confirmed things and made it even more awesome that the pastor had messaged me. I messaged him back and told him that I was in San Diego and that I would love to go down there and stay with them for a bit, especially since I'm not really doing anything at the moment. After discussing it with him and with Cade, one of the guys here in San Diego, I'm going there next weekend, as long as it works out with everyone. I'm believing by faith that it will in the name of Jesus :D It's just so awesome to know that they still remember me and that they want me there to help them. I miss them a lot and am thanking God that I have the opportunity to see them again. Also, I was able to email Connie, the head of the orphanage I am seeking to work in, and she said that she wants me to come by this weekend. I'm going to see them tomorrow! It's pretty hard to contain my joy. For example, this morning, as I was conversing with God, I randomly got bursts of joy whenever I would thank Him about being able to go to the orphanage tomorrow. I would start to jump and spin around because I was so excited and full of His joy!

Well, that was the joy part.......

Yesterday, my grandma passed pretty unexpectedly. It really hit my family hard. We were all emotionally strung by it, my mom especially. She had went into the hospital the day prior to her passing, and my mom had called me and asked me to pray. Of course, I prayed and had some of the guys here pray with me. The next morning, though, she had passed. I prayed that her body would come back to life and even had my mom go back into the room so we could pray over my grandma's body, but she didn't. Yet. I still believe that if it's truly God's will for her to come back, then God will provide a miracle, and she will come back. If not, then this happened for a reason. It's hard to see the reason right now, but it will come to light soon. I strongly feel that this is an attack from the devil. The day after I get here, my grandma goes into the hospital, and then, the next day, she passes away. The devil is really trying to hit my family hard. And you know what? Even though this has happened, I'm not going to let it stop me from doing God's will. That's what Satan wants to happen. He sees how close I am to fulfilling the calling God has placed on my life, and he's trying to do everything he can to prevent that. He's gone too far. Unfortunately, for him. I choose to have joy in this time of sorrow, because I know that I need to have joy in every situation, especially in times like these, and when my faith in God is tested, it develops patience and perseverance. I know that if my eyes, mind, and heart are fixed on Him, then nothing can hinder me from doing His will. Last night, I put depression and any doubt or worry to death and proclaimed joy and peace over my life, and that is exactly what I have: joy and peace. I will not let this get me down, and I pray for peace, joy, and perseverance over my family's life.

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, when you face trials of any kind, because you know that the testing o your faith develops perseverance." - James 1:2-3

No comments:

Post a Comment